The perfect dish for meal preparation. Make in bulk and enjoy tasty lunches all week!
Ready in 60 minutes
Makes 10 generous serves
5g Carbs per serve
1 large onion, diced
1 medium carrot, chopped
1 punnet of cherry tomatoes halved
1 tin of tomatoes
1 Tbs rosemary chopped
1/4 cup olive oil
1 tsp tomato sauce
2 eggplants, sliced thinly
For the Keto White Sauce:
250g block cream cheese
1 cup pouring cream
2 cups grated mozarella cheese
- Turn the oven on to 200 Degrees celcius
- Heat the oil in a hot pan
- Fry the onion, mince, carrot, tomatoes, rosemary, and salt and pepper until cooked
- Add a swirl (1 tsp) of tomato sauce
- Add the tin of tomatoes
- While the meat mixture is cooking, add salt to both sides of the sliced eggplant and leave for a few minutes before patting down with a towel.
- Make the keto white sauce by melting the cream cheese, butter, and pouring cream over low heat. Once melted, whisk in the mozarella cheese
- Assemble the dish by layering meat sauce then the eggplant slices, then the keto white sauce. Repeat until all ingredients have been used up.
- Add a final sprinkle of cheese on top before baking in the oven for 40 minutes. Makes 10 generous serves.