To batch this recipe for other meals, double or triple the beef mince before cooking (and add proportionate diced onion). When the basic beef mince is cooked, remove the desired portion you want to save for another meal. You could use this basic beef mixture as an omlette filling, a base for a bolognese sauce to have later in the week or a topping for savoury mince on a low carb slice of toast for breakfast.
Ready in 20 minutes
Serves 4 people
500g beef mince
1 Tbs oil for cooking (olive or coconut oil)
1 Diced white onion
4-6 cos or iceberg lettuce leaves
1 tsp Cumin spice
3 Diced vine ripened tomatoes diced
1.5 cups grated colby cheese
4 Tbs sour cream or natural greek yoghurt
Squeeze of lemon juice
1 Tbs coriander (fresh or 4 week freeze dried packet is ok)
Salt and pepper to taste
- Beef mixture Heat oil in a large frying pan on medium-high heat. Gently saute diced onion. Turn up heat to high then immediately add beef mixture, breaking up with the back of a wooden spoon. Add the cumin and salt and pepper to taste.
- While the mince is cooking, prepare and wash the salad vegetables and grate the cheese
- Assembly. Assemble each ‘taco’ using an individual cos lettuce, spoon the beef mixture evenly between lettuce leaves .
- Top with grated cheese and diced tomatoes (if you have any avocado lying around, feel free to dice it up and add it on top).
- Squeeze lemon juice then add a dollop of your sour cream or natural yogurt.
- Garnish with a sprinkle of coriander and you’re ready to go!